Royalblood quotes the Bible : Jesus the Word Himself said Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
The Bible does say solar scriptura if you can you understand English its clear.The idea of the Bible alone is clearly illustrated if you read enough of it you will see that. Anonymous How can you believe in Sola scriptura when the term and the idea are not found in the Bible? If you do believe in the Word of God, then why do have no faith in it, when clearly in John chapter 6 Jesus explains in his own words that your life and death hinges on your ability to accept His flesh and blood as real food?
Royalblood quotes 2 Timothy 3: 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Anonymous :May the peace of Christ be with you!
Royalblood responds : May Jesus the way the truth and the light give you peace.
Dealing with the Eucharist or the big word (Transubstantiation)
I will send someone when I go unto the father .Christ said that.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Was the statement made in John 6: literal ? lets read Did God said we humans can turn bread in to His Flesh and wine into his Blood ?
Leviticus 17:12 Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.Leviticus 19:26,Leviticus 17:14,Deuteronomy 15:23,1Samuel 14:34,Ezekiel 33:25,
John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
30 They said therefore unto him, What sign showest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
Oh this must be the text you are referring to.
John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
This will be a good time to teach crash course in contextual understanding the Bible.
This could be long but let me summarise this..
In the Bible Verse you are reading.
- Who is speaking ?
- Who wrote the book of the Bible you are reading ?
- What is the whole Chapter of the Bible speaking about?
- What is being said, the idea of the verses immidiately after and before the text being read ?
- Is the verses before and after literal are they symbolic?
- Are the words or word of emphasis understood in its Original Greek (in other words did translation affect the root meaning).Some times the translation makes or give a whole new meaning ? eg Hell, hades and grave.
- Where have the word, words or phrases in the Bible verse under observation been used before and what is the idea being portrayed ?(line upon line Isaiah 28:13).
- The Bible is not silent on any topic that is salvivic in nature scripture supports scripture.
Of course its a well known fact that Catholics are not ask or advised to study bibles like that . Am sure Catholics dont even know that whole chapters are missing from Catholic new jerulem Bibles. Please doa google search on Bible perversion. The word Righteousness ,perfect is omitted many times. Idols are omitted aslo. Am sure many Catholics are not aware that their version 10 commandments are different than what the Holy Bible contains. KJV of course. They remove the second commandment thou shalt not bow down to any image because they bow to images, moved 4th The sabbath commandment to the 3rd with some changes of course deleting all the extended demands that the Bible made on the sabbath commandment. the have Split the 1oth the final commandment in two to regain the 10 due to the deletion of the 2nd Idol command.
any way responding to John 6 mention above .
- Then consider these Revelation 10:8-9, "And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth. And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey."
- Ezekiel 2:8-9, "But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee. And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;"
- Ezekiel 3:1-3, "Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of
. So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll. And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness." Israel
- Psalms 119:103, "How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
- Hebrews 6:5, "And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,"
- Psalms 34:8, "O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him."
- Jeremiah 15:16, "Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts."
Adoration of the communion wafer is one thing, plain and simple. It is the worship of a god that is made by human hands. Unless the wafer is miraculously created without the aid of a human to form or cook it in an oven, it is made by human hands. Period. And according to the Word of God, the Almighty does NOT reside in anything made by human hands...
- · Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
- · Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
- · Acts 19:26 Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:
- · 2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
- · Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
- · Hebrews 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
- · Jeremiah 44:19 And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?
Anonymous please do not take this as a personal attact on Catholics I have had to deal with this beofore. I am not right at all . THE BIBLE IS RIGHT . The hierarchy of the church knows the Bible truth. But keep it to maintain a power hold on the membership. The catholic church has many ,many people who are serving God in the best knowledge of the Bible and what has been thought to them. Many have come to know the truth in God's Word. Many have accepted the truth as the Bible teaches it. Some will deny the truth. I hope you accept the truth. We are save by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone no one else and nothing else. The bread is in rememberance of Jesus it is not the Blood and flesh of Christ .Must we Crucify Christ a fresh. Can created beings create the Creator in a wafer? All these are Pagan customs of sun-worship (wafer in monstrance).
The Bible is the truth and the truth . It doesn't matter what we think.