It is seen as the seal for couple reason.
1. It binds the upper three( love to God) to the lower six (Love to man) ..
2. It also stands in the middle of the upper three and the lower six as a signature of God.
3. All seals reflects ownership, His status,His territory.His kingdom. that is evident in the seal of all kings or monarchs.
But the one i never thought about till just a few minutes is this.
4. The seal of a monarch is placed on something that the king does not want anyone tampering with.
Anyone having the signet ring the very one when impressed on molten wax would create the logo or standard of the King on the seal would be considered as powerful.
That person was empowered to create laws evidence can be seen in the queen Esther and Mordecai story Esther 3:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,910,11,12,13,14,15. you will get the idea.
This is the one I want to highlight it is yet so simple so obvious, yet profound .
The sealed used to lock,bind ,or protect breaking an entry,or tampering with anything that is inside. Its like a forensic tape around a scene under investigation that says don't tamper with anything here ..Not the best analogy but you get the message
The Roman seal was on the Tomb of Jesus any one breaking into the tomb will be dealt with severely was the message
Letters are sealed when sent to the receiver it was intended to. Messengers were dealt with severely if a seal was broken on any scroll.
Did God place the 4th commandment in the middle of love to God and love to man to show His authority ..
Did he place the seal( sabbath) in the commandments to prevent His Law the self same commandments from being tampered with.
Would we be dealt with severely if we tamper with Gods Law..
Matthew 5 :18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Note who will receive the seal Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Revelation 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
Sealed in the foreheads . These are those that have made a conscious ,determined decision to obey God.
Characteristics of the sealed
- Revelation 14:1 Father's name written in their foreheads(His Name His character,Without sin)
- verse 3 they sung as it were a new song before the throne ( they had a different Experience its a new song)
- verse 4. Redeemed from the earth, Saved from sin, they were had like passions but overcame by the blood and power of the Lamb
- verse 4. Not defiled with women ( Women represent churches ,, see Revelation 21:2,9 ( not defile by false teachings a pure bride)
- verse 4 .where so ever he goeth .. He says John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice this endorse the above point in that they obey the commandments, and the Bible teachings,they listen to the Holy spirit.
- Firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb ( they were others after them who were saved) The fact that they are separated from others saved may be that they were involve in the process of bringing in the large multitudes via evangelistic efforts.
- verse 5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
Do you have the seal The seal also is a bastion of truth..
What commandment has Rome and the Papal power interfered with.
Are you keeping a false day. Are you trying to escape by saying "well I can keep any day Holy?
Note this : No one can make a day Holy except God gave it to them Holy..
Gen 2:2,3 He bless it , sanctified it and made it Holy , then gave it to us as ask us to maintain that that holy day. So if you keep another day that God has not sanctified,or made Holy then, I might ask do you as human or creature have some supernatural power to bless and make Holy a day. Are you God ?